Lifestyle Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shampoo in the Shower - Losing More Hair

Go down

Shampoo in the Shower - Losing More Hair Empty Shampoo in the Shower - Losing More Hair

Post  aldousbailey Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:47 pm

Is it common to shed more hair while you shampoo in the shower than other times?

I would commonly ask myself this when I first started losing my hair. The questions kept on coming.....Am I clearly shedding much more hair while I shampoo in the shower as opposed to other occasions? Should I shampoo less often, but if I do, won't that make my hair look and feel even worse? I was torn to say the least.

To begin with, each specific hair survives for an average of 4 1/2 years, while it grows about 1/2 inch per month. Normally in its 5th year, the hair falls out and is supplanted within six months by a new one. Genetic baldness is a result of the body's incapability to provide new hairs and not just by extreme hair loss.

As you shower and as your massaging your head, the motion shakes loose hair that was programmed to be shed. A number of dermatologists say you actually lose roughly a hundred hairs a day.....this is definitely normal. These are certainly not just fragile hairs being shed as a consequence of male pattern baldness, but in addition sturdy ones which are naturally shed from the follicle so that another healthier hair can take its place.

These types of hairs happen to be approximately the same length as the rest of your hair and as thick as the most powerful ones on your head. The loss of these hairs are generally not much of a worry because they are destined to come back in the regular hair growth cycle. The hairs that are lighter, shorter, and more fine are likely in the process of hair miniaturization which will sooner or later end growing altogether, though can be combated by helpful hair loss medications like Propecia.

All in all, more hair is shed in balding areas for everyone with male pattern baldness. The growth periods is out of control in these areas of the scalp, and, as a result, the hair growth periods end up being shorter, the resting stages greater, and hair becomes diminished and finer until the follicle is unable to support a full, vibrant hair.
If you desire to shampoo less often, the hair that would routinely come out in the shower now accumulates on the scalp. With the next shampoo, a great deal more ends up in the tub, merely verifying the patient's suspicions.

Personally, I like to shampoo every time I shower, sometimes twice a day as necessary. I find a shampooed mane is far more trainable and controllable and allows me to style it better as compared to if it's unwashed, flatter, and less manageable. Seems bizarre, but there is confidence behind shampooing your hair as you're allowing it to have an improved chance to look healthier.

To summarize, the hair you lose in the shower has been designed to be shed in the grand plan. A single solution to control or undo the hair from being shed once and for all is to combine both a hair loss treatment plan with a top rated hair loss shampoo. This will give your hair the most suitable chance to exist yet another day!

aldousbailey

Back to top Go down